On Apr 19, 2005, at 1:35 PM, Jason Dixon wrote:

I'm trying to do an update to one of my tables, but I'm getting the "table <name> is full" error. I've reviewed the manual (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/full-table.html), but nothing seems to apply. I looked at the output of myisamchk, and everything looks fine. The table file is only ~100M, and the partition has almost 4G of free space. The proposed update would only add approx 1byte per row, so I just don't see how this query can cause a full table. Can someone clue me in here?

This turned out to not be a problem with a full table at all. I found that I was able to update rows at chunks of ~700000 rows at a time. Anything larger than ~800000 would result in the full table error. I found the following bug which apparently was fixed in 4.0.13 (I am using 4.0.11):

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=230

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting