Thank you so much Vivian!  Your first solution was exactly what I was looking
for!  It works perfectly!

Thanks so much!

Richard

Vivian Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
create table temp select * from viewvisitor order by lastviewtime desc;
select app, itemid, ownerid, visitorid, vusername,lastviewtime, sum(viewcount)
AS totalcount, itemname from temp where ownerid = 2 GROUP BY concat( app,
itemid ) ORDER BY totalcount;

or
if you only care about max(lastviewtime), you can do this,
select app, itemid, ownerid, visitorid, vusername, max(lastviewtime),
sum(viewcount) AS totalcount, itemname from viewvisitor where ownerid =