Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me/or has come across the following
problem:

It's to do with replication - Scenario:

We have a publisher/subscriber as the same server. Using MERGE replication
with 2 subscribers. The publisher database is our co-operate database with
many records being deleted/inserted/updated.

The subscriber database is very rarely changed. When doing a merge I get the
following error messages in the conflict viewer.
[Type of errors below]
The row was inserted at 'PNT_DB1.mwrcdb' but could not be inserted at
'nec_4.mwrcdb'. INSERT statement conflicted with TABLE FOREIGN KEY
constraint 'trs_emp_activity_fk1'. The conflict occurred in database
'mwrcdb', table 'trs_tsheet_header'.
This row no longer exists in '[dbo].[trs_emp_activity]'.

The row was inserted at 'PNT_DB1.mwrcdb' but could not be inserted at
'nec_4.mwrcdb'. INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY
constraint 'trs_emp_activity_detail_fk1'. The conflict occurred in database
'mwrcdb', table 'trs_emp_activity', column 'emp_activity_id'.
This row no longer exists in '[dbo].[trs_emp_activity_detail]'.

For some strange reason - the conflicting records were deleted from PNT_DB1
which was the central database. Non of the these records would have been
changed in the subscribers. Changes to these tables would only have come
from the Publisher database.

We are running SQL Server 7.0 SP3, on NT 4.0 SP5 - subscribers are running
SQL Server Desktop SP3, Win 2000 prof SP1

Any help would much be appreciated.

Thanks Des

This email is not an official statement of horizons.mw unless otherwise stated.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and inform the sender

Phone 0508-4HORIZONS (0508-4467496)
Fax 06-9522929
Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For information about horizons.mw visit http://www.horizons.govt.nz