Mário Gamito wrote:
Hi,

For years i've been using MySQL 3.23, but now that i'm about to
reinstall my company's web server, i've decided that it's time to go to 4.1

I've read quite a few things in the web about migrating the databases,
*including the mysql one*, but each article i read, pointed me in a
different direction.

Tryed to do the migration at my home computer, but... no good.

What is indeed the right way to do this *full* databases migration from
3.3.28 to 4.1.11 ?

I would suggest you to read :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/upgrade.html
and check between each version what incompatibility might hit you.
and then do the upgrade (either with a mysaldump, or just by upgrading your binary)

Any help would be apreciated.

Warm Regards,

--
Philippe Poelvoorde