Marcin,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcin Lewandowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2005 4:36 AM
Subject: Using InnoDB on 2 OSes

Hi,

I've got Win2k on one FAT32 partition, and I use MySQL 4.0.23 there.
I've got gentoo linux on second partition, and I want to use the same
databases on linux's MySQL. I've configured linux's mysql to use
databases from FAT32 partition, but InnoDB tables don't work. phpmyadmin
show them as "in usage". I suppose, that could be caused by fact, that
when I'm shutting down windows, mysql is just killed, without proper
saving innodb logfiles. Or maybe there are other reason? How to
configure that?

you cannot have two mysqld servers running simultaneously on the same InnoDB files. But I assume that you have a dual-boot computer, and the problem is not that in this case.

Note also this:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/moving.html

"
On Windows, InnoDB internally always stores database and table names in lowercase. To move databases in a binary format from Unix to Windows or from Windows to Unix, you should have all table and database names in lowercase. A convenient way to accomplish this on Unix is to add the following line to the [mysqld] section of your my.cnf before you start creating your databases and tables:

[mysqld]
set-variable = lower_case_table_names=1
"

--
Marcin Lewandowski
[  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  gg:188068 jid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ]

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL Network from http://www.mysql.com/network/