From: Fagyal Csongor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: lundi 25 avril 2005 00:43
To: Mysql (E-mail)
Subject: Replication - is there a "server lag"?

Hi,

I am new to replication so excuse me if my question is stupid.

The manual recommends that a nice scenario to take advantage of
replication in MySQL is to send all updating queries to the master
server, and reading from the slave. I would like to use this setup (as
usual, I have many more selects than inserts/updates) but I am a little
concerned what happens if the slave is behind the master in updating its
DB.

Say I do like this:
1. update something set `a`=1 where c=d (using the master server) 2.
update something set `a`=2 where c=d (using the master server) and then
immediately 3. select `a` from something where c=d (using the slave)

What if #3 fetches the value of `a` from the slave before `a`=2 takes
place? Is it possible that I get `a`==1? Or does replication take care
of that?

Other than that: does anybody here have a Nagios script that checks if
replication is running O.K.? :-)

Thanks,
- Csongor