I am using MySQL 4.0.17 on QNX 6.2.1b.

I have noticed this in the last couple of days.  There were two MySQL
clients running: one since 1:30 that morning; one at 1:30 the previous
morning.  These are "reset master" commands we issue from cron to clean up
the transaction logs.

This morning I tried running mysql from the command line and it hung.  I
then run with the debug option enabled.  Here is the content of
/tmp/mysql.trace:

| >my_malloc
| | my: Size: 520  MyFlags: 16
| | exit: ptr: 8085d28
| <my_malloc
| >my_malloc
| | my: Size: 512  MyFlags: 48
| | exit: ptr: 8085b20
| <my_malloc
| >mysql_close
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >my_free
| | | my: ptr: 0
| | <my_free
| | >mysql_close
| | <mysql_close
| <mysql_close
| >mysql_real_connect
| | enter: host: (Null)  db: (Null)  user: root
| | info: Using UNIX sock '/tmp/mysql.sock'
| | >vio_new
| | | enter: sd=4
| # tail -f /tmp/mysql.trace
| | <mysql_close
| <mysql_close
| >mysql_real_connect
| | enter: host: (Null)  db: (Null)  user: root
| | info: Using UNIX sock '/tmp/mysql.sock'
| | >vio_new
| | | enter: sd=4

To me, it appears that it is hung in my_malloc().  However not on the first
call.  It doesn't appear that I am running out of memory:

# pidin in
CPU:X86 Processors:1 FreeMem:927Mb/1015Mb BootTime:Apr 21 16:44:25 PDT 2005
Processor1: 1586 Intel ?86 F15M2S9 2670Mhz FPU

Any ideas what is going wrong?  This system has been running fine for months
until now.

...Stephen