Hi!

>>>>> "ch" == ch  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

ch>     The following output occures when using ASH as /bin/sh.
ch>     Your script seems to rely on non-POSIX features from bash
ch>     and therefore should be called with #!/bin/bash. This works.

ch>     -=(~/debian/mysql/ODBC/myodbc2.50.37-2.50.37)$ ./configure
ch>     creating cache ./config.cache
ch>     checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
ch>     checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: ls -t appears
to fail.  Make sure there is not a broken
ch>     alias in your environment
ch>     configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
ch>     Check your system clock

>> How-To-Repeat:
ch>     use the smaller (but fully POSIX compliant) /bin/ash as /bin/sh
>> Fix:
ch>     start the configure script with #!/bin/bash

The test that fails is:

if (set X `ls -t $srcdir/configure conftestfile`; test "$2" = conftestfile)
then

We know that this works for a lot of 'sh' on a lot of different
systems and this is a standard configure thing I am more inclined to
think this is a bug in ASH than in configure.

Can you provide us with some more details about this or even better,
prove that configure is not following POSIX here?

Regards,
Monty