From: "Ochungo, Pamela (ILRI)"
> I would like to know whether there are any other languages supported by
MySQL apart from SQL.
> e.g.  MsAccess provides VB for aplications. Does MySQL support any such
lower level language?

MySQL is a database management system (DBMS), a so called backend system. MS
Access is a DBMS (backend) plus graphical frontend. The frontend of MS
Access has VBA for all kinds of scripting purposes.

If you use Perl or PHP as a frontend you can use those languages to process
query results, etc. If you use something like OpenOffice.org as a frontend
you can use the Basic language that is built into OpenOffice.org.

MySQL provides a very, very basic frontend through the MySQL client that
provides the MySQL prompt, but this frontend (client) does not contain any
scripting language.

Regards, Jigal.