Michael Stassen wrote:
zzapper wrote:

> Hi,
> Final whinge: I wish the mysql website made it a little clearer which > features are recent additions, I suggested color coding.

Philippe Poelvoorde wrote:

<snip>

I reckon, it's a bit hidden in the middle :
"Starting with MySQL 4.0.4, you can also perform UPDATE operations that cover multiple tables:"
in :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/update.html

I don't think it's hidden at all. Looking at the manual page detailing DELETE syntax, <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/delete.html>, the very first sentence describing multiple-table delete statements is, "From MySQL 4.0, you can specify multiple tables in the DELETE statement to delete rows from one or more tables depending on a particular condition in multiple tables."

Michael

Well, let's say it's a matter of view and subject to interpretation... On top we have : "Multiple-table syntax:

UPDATE [LOW_PRIORITY] [IGNORE] table_references
SET col_name1=expr1 [, col_name2=expr2 ...]
[WHERE where_definition]
"
without any reference to 4.0.4
which is half-way in the middle. So when I quickly look at the syntax, I don't see it ;)

--
Philippe Poelvoorde
COS Trading Ltd.