> How does one cope with time zones?  For example, if I want to timestamp a
> record it will timestanp using the local time of my server.  I thought
that, > e.g if my server was in New York and my customer_location was the
UK, I
can > just add 5 hours to the time and it would be correct.
> While that might work for 51 weeks of the year, how do we cope with the
one > week where the clocks in the UK go forward one week earlier than they
do
in > the USA, as just happened a few weeks ago? > How can we reliably handle
multiple time zones, and daylight savings time, > with one server located in
one location?  Am I asking the impossible?

>Hello.

>The good support of timezones is on TODO list. See:

  >  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/todo-future.html

Many thanks for the info.  So in the light of this not being available yet
(and my RaQ4 being unable to handle the newer versions of MySQL), is there
anything I can do in the meantime to handle timezones?  How do others deal
with them?