I did like this, look good, anyone can try it.
set @a:=0;
set @b:=0;
update test set item=if([EMAIL PROTECTED], @a:[EMAIL PROTECTED], if(@b:=seqno,
@a:=1, 0));
Vivian Wang wrote:

I don't have any PK in this table, but If you like one, I can add another column for PK, like,
+----+-----------+
| id | seqno |
+----+-----------+
| 1 | 000000122 |
| 2 | 000000123 |
| 3 | 000000123 |
| 4 | 000000123 |
| 5 | 000000336 |
| 6 | 000000346 |
| 7 | 000000349 |
| 8 | 000000427 |
| 9 | 000000427 |
| 10 | 000000427 |

I searched on internet before, there is some solution like this,
set @temp1:=0
set @temp2:=0
update test set item=if([EMAIL PROTECTED],@temp1:[EMAIL PROTECTED], @temp2:=
seqno);
but this logic is not correct,  does anyone know how to solve this one?