Hi,

Normalizing some tables.

Does it make much difference to MySQL whether I separate minor, related data
into tables for a main account (MemberAccount) such as:

MemberAccount then emails, religion, hobbies, education, etc.  I'll explain.

On the other hand, I could put all the information in one member account by
leaving a couple extra fields for each heading:

    member.email.work, member.email.home, member.email.other
    member.religion.type, member.religion.name, member.religion.subgroup  e.g.
Christian, Assemblies of God, charismatic  or  Jewish, Orthodox, Hasidic
    etc.

OR

    placing the emails, religion, hobbies, etc in separate tables with linking
fields in MemberAccount.

How will this affect performance? Will the separate files save on server cache
memory? Increase it?
    For queries, updates, deletes, inserts?

Is there a good source for DB design tips & pointers for MySQL?

Many thanks,

Ken Wagner