Geoffrey, Chris,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 5:26 AM
Subject: Re: Disappearing .frm files ?

Geoffrey R. Thompson wrote:

Things have been fine until recently, when the .frm files for these tables
mysteriously disappeared from the mysql data directory (even though the
underlying data for the tables was still intact in the separate InnoDB data
file).

As far as I'm aware InnoDB doesn't use the .frm files, those are MyISAM only. So, if you converted the tables to InnoDB, the .frm files would disappear.

I know almost nothing about this, but I'd say you had a better chance of
someone in the know answering you if the question was a little clearer.
Include some examples maybe, errors you've received, Queries you ran to
convert the tables...

Chris

InnoDB does use .frm files.

Did you use symlinking? There might be a bug there.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL Network from http://www.mysql.com/network/