Schalk Neethling wrote:

Greetings!

This might be a stupid question but here goes:

I have a table that contains a column entitled current_pos. I want to search this table and then order the results by current_pos. Now I am running the following SQL query on the table:

SELECT * FROM ab_leader_board WHERE sex = 'F' and cup = 'Kids' ORDER BY current_pos DESC;

After running this the results are returned  but as 2, 1, 0 , 0 etc.

If I use: SELECT * FROM ab_leader_board WHERE sex = 'F' and cup = 'Kids' ORDER BY current_pos ASC;

It returns 0, 1, 2

How do I go about getting this to return the results as 1,2,3,4 etc.? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Well, since the results are 0, 1, 2 you are not going to get 1,2,3,4.
You are getting what you are asking for, and it appears to be what you want, so what is the problem?
A bit more detail and a real example might help.