Hi everyone! I'm havng the weirdest problem with mysql.
I had v1.1.07 and everything worked like a charm. But it turns out that we had the need to move everything to UTF8 (until then, only the columns in russian where set to utf8, and the rest was latin1).
Once we moved everything to utf8, this (the query is at the end of the email) didn't work anymore, apparently because of a collation problem with the literals. After doing some research i found that this wasn't a problem anymore in 4.1.11, so i decided to upgrade...
After upgrading the query doesn't throw an error, but it doesn't return all the data it should...
The funny thing is that i thought that the problem was in the 'case's that i use in the query, so i remove them from the query and the query runs fine. But later, i tried something else, and insetead of removing the cases y switched the inners for left joins, and the query worked fine, just like before, and it turns out it doesn't even matter wether I switch both joins or just one of them (either one or the other).
If anybody can test this, and needs more data, or needs a script with the tables and data, I'll be glad to send it.

Thanks!!
Andrés Villanueva

This is the problematic query:

SELECT paper_id, Number, Revision, b.type, c.type_en as type2, a.name_en as name
, case name_en when '' then 'N' else 'Y' end as name_en
, case name_fr when '' then 'N' else 'Y' end as name_fr
, case name_ru when '' then 'N' else 'Y' end as name_ru
, case name_sp when '' then 'N' else 'Y' end as name_sp
FROM `tpatcm28_paper` a
inner join `tpgen_fmt_type` b using (fmt_type_id)
inner join `tpatcm_pap_type` c on (a.pap_type_id = c.pap_type_id)
order by Number, Revision