ummm....

i made a mistake in what i posted... a typing error... it should have been

i did the following to configure the mysql database/table
$ mysql -uroot -p
mysql> CREATE DATABASE livejournal;
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON livejournal.* TO
     > lj@'192.168.1.55' IDENTIFIED BY 'ljpass';

which should/does allow me to access the mysql/db from the mysql command
line client...

my issue that i've tracked down to mysql, is that once i'm inside/running
mysql, i can do a 'use livejournal' which selects the livejournal database.

when i do the following 'mysql> show slave status' i get the error '(Using
password: NO)'. i can access the 'mysql' databases/tables ('use mysql') and
then run 'show slave status' with no problem... (due to my not having setup
any root passwd as of yet...

so, how/what do i need to do to resolve this issue!!

i would imagine that this is a function of access/privs but i'm not sure
what has to be set.

thoughts/comments/ideas/etc...

thanks

bruce