From: Christoph Lehmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 May 2005 8:57 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: newbie: how to sort a database without extracting the data

Hi
I am really new to mysql. I need my database to be sorted according to
one field. But since the database with 12000000 records is huge, I don't

want to do it using SELECT.
What I need is just the stored database being sorted on hard-disk. Is
there any way doing this like creating a new database and importing the
old one but being sorted?

many thanks for your kind help

cheers
christoph

(p.s. I need this for later chunk-wise data-fetch with one chunk being
homogenous in regard to one (the sorted) field)