Hi,

I used sql-bench, but that is testing things we already know. We want to establish how many concurrent connections / queries our database server can handle before it starts getting into trouble (no, a different one from the email of last night). This system is a dual proc with 4GB ram and over 500GB on a RAID 5 setup....

I found super-smack (which tests 100% what I want), but the problem now is that it does not compile on FreeBSD, and the few (literally not even 3) linux boxes we have cannot handle the load to stress our DB server to the max. This I know because iostat on the FreeBSD DB Server shows that the entire box is virtually idle (the load averages confirms) while the tests on super-smack run. The worse I got was a load of 0.5 on the DB server with close to 800 threads running....

Any ideas please???

--
Chris.