Mark Matthews wrote:

Kevin Burton wrote:

It seems strange that long_query_time is seconds based. I'm trying to get most of our queries down to sub second time.

1 second is WAY too long.  I'd ideally like 500ms.

Can you specify .5 for long_query_time? Doesn't seem to be working the way I'd hoped.......

Kevin

Kevin,

(you probably already know this, but I'm posting it anyways).

Since you're using JDBC, you can log the slow queries on the client,
which will also log the location in your code where they happened.

The two properties you want are:

logSlowQueries=true

slowQueryThresholdMillis=n (where n is the number of milliseconds that
should pass to trigger a slow query being logged).

Actually.. we're still stuck on 3.0.12... long story. I want to move to 4.1.x ASAP.

We do have our own code that does this in our OM layer though. It measures slow query times on top of the JDBC driver. The issue is that some queries are measuring in at 700ms -> 1700ms which isn't good. I'm trying to debug whether this is a Java layer issue or a MySQL layer issue. Having mysql then log slow queries on TOP would be nice...

The cool think with the 4.1.x logSlowQueries is that you *could* use this with log4j to have slow queries logged to a dedicated log file.

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator)! - visit http://rojo.com. See irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://peerfear.org/