I have a members table which stores, among other things, a Member ID and a
Points field. We get reports sent to us in a CSV format, with a list of all
Members signing up for a certain offer. Basically, what I need to do, is
create a query like this:

UPDATE members SET points = points + (offer_value) WHERE member_id =
(member_id)

for each member ID. With a small VB program I could create a file that has
these queries (upwards of 10,000), but I've heard something about a query
like this:

UPDATE members SET points = points + (offer_value) WHERE member_id IN
(7,8,9,10,23,etc)

Just wondering which format would be better for the server, assuming there
are upwards of 10,000 member_ids, whether it be one of these solutions or
another one.

TIA,

Daren Cotter