Rafael Diaz Valdes wrote:

Hi,
I 'm using mysqldump to backup my database, I wrote in my backup.sh the following string: $MYSQL/bin/mysqldump --opt databasename -user=root --password=rootpassword > backup/mysql/databasename.sql
I include backup.sh in my cron weekly (/etc/cron.weekly) but when it is executed appear databasename.sql empty, else if I run backup.sh in a shell konsole it is executed ok,
do you know why can not execute the string in the cron ??

maybe make backup/mysql/databasename.sql an absolute path, to avoid wrong permission or writing the file in a non-existing folder (due to a wrong working directory, try "echo $PWD" in your backup.sh). I had the same pb when we setup our daily backup.

my mysql version is : 4.0.17 regards rafael

--
Philippe Poelvoorde
COS Trading Ltd.