Hi Jon, all!

Jon Earle wrote:
Joerg Bruehe said:
Still, this seems to be a problem with the header files supplied / used
by gcc. Are you sure you used the "fixincludes" script?

Hi Joerg,

I tried your suggestion as per:

cd /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0/3.3.2/
mv include inc
cd install-tools
export TARGET_MACHINE=AIX
./fixinc.sh /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0/3.3.2/include

As I wrote: I have not been using gcc on AIX for quite some time, I just remember that it need(s/ed) this step.

From fixinc.sh, I was getting errors [[...]]

When I ran MySQL's configure, modified as per a number of posts regarding openssl directives to be:

./configure \
--prefix=/usr2/tools/mysql \
--with-big-tables \
--with-low-memory \
--with-vio \
--with-openssl \
--with-openssl-includes=/usr2/tools/openssl/include \
--with-openssl-libs=/usr2/tools/openssl/lib \
--without-extra-tools \
--without-docs \
--without-bench \
--enable-local-infile

I then received many errors of the form:

checking dlfcn.h usability... no
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: dlfcn.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: dlfcn.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: dlfcn.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: dlfcn.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: dlfcn.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: dlfcn.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the AC_PACKAGE_NAME lists.  ##
checking for dlfcn.h... yes

The config.log showed [[...]]

So, it appears I've made things worse.  :(

Any ideas where to go from here?

Sorry, I have none but: Check with the AIX newsgroup, "comp.unix.aix". Some years ago, when AIX was at the center of my activities, I found that to be a very helpful and active community.

The error messages you publish IMO seem to be general GCC issues and not specifically related to the MySQL sources.

I hope you get your issues solved, Jörg