Harald Fuchs wrote:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

hi,
your need is:
select * from temp LIMIT 3,4;
-- 3 because you have to take the fourth and 4 because dist=3+1

This does not make sense. A SELECT without an ORDER BY returns the rows in some undefined order. If you use "LIMIT 3,4" without ORDER BY, you get four rows out of an unordered set, so it's virtually identical to "LIMIT 4". As long as the original poster doesn't say what ordering he wants, there's no way to tell him a solution.

Actually I do have an ORDER BY column in my real query, I trimmed it out for the sake of brevity. This column is a unique integer, but there are gaps of between the numbers, so I can't do a purely numerical solution. It must be based on what order the rows were returned from the query as far as I can tell.