> Subject: Re: Opteron HOWTO?!
>
> On 5/9/05, Kevin Burton wrote:
> > So... it sounds like a lot of people here (Dathan and Greg)
> have had
> > problems deploying MySQL on Opteron in a production environment.
>
> To me it sounds more like a lot of people have had problems
> running Linux on x86-64 systems.

We don't have any problems running Opterons at all.
With all the tests me and my team have done, we know the ins and outs of
getting Opterons up, running-stable, and blazing fast. Our entire
datacenter are (about 200 servers)

Dual Opterons with at least 4GB of memory running in 64-bit mode.

All the databases (about 30)
 - Are dual opterons with 8 GB of memory connected to a Hitachi 9980
SAN-through a McData Switch.

We do about 70K qps at peak for about 1 Billion Queries per day (only on
30 servers BOOYA). So, it's pretty stable.

--

Dathan V Pattishall
Sr. Database Engineer / Sr. Software Engineer