If you're running in a master/slave environment.. and you're application is using the slave too often... replication can fall behind which can then confuse your application.

This can happen if the IO performance of both the master and slaves is equivalent and you're performaning INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE with a load of 1 on the master. Then when the transactions move to the slave all the IO is used up and any additional SELECTS will just cause the slave to fall behind.

Has anyone else seen this? One way I was thinking of solving this is to use RAID5 on our master and then RAID0 on the slaves so that the master is a hard bottleneck. Then the slaves have no problem running transactions via replication and have load available to run SELECTS.

Any other ideas?

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator)! - visit http://rojo.com. See irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://peerfear.org/