----- Original Message ----- From: "Neculai Macarie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mysql" <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: Maximum number of user variables

Not that I'm aware of. What type of conversions are you doing that you
need 30,000 use vars? An easy solution would be to try it and find out :)

I need to move multiple linked entries (in around 12 tables) from one
running server to another. I'm using auto_increment's all over the place and
I have the following problem: I need to move (no replication possible) the
information in those 12 tables to an identical functioning system (same
software, same db, but other server) and I need to preserve the relations
between the tables. The problem that I have is that the systems evolve
independently and I can have the same id for 2 different entries on the
system (e.g. on the first system I can have the id 10 for User1, but on
second system id 10 would be for another user).

Perhaps after you dump the structure and data into sql files,
you could remove temporarily the extra attribut auto increment to those columns.
Then start inserting.
After that add the auto increment attribut again.
OR
use bulkcopy(?) if im not mistaken, or any other methods to copy as it is to new dbservers
(compress it first).

Donny.