Hi,

I wanted to clean up some numeric currency data fields which had some
non-numeric values which took
the first two characters of the field (they were some kind of garbage
characters) anyway the
following did the trick

update tbl_products set p10_price=mid(p10_price,2) where p10_price regexp
('[^0-9.]');

Which worked because the mucky characters were always the first two digits but
it's still cludgy.

What I really wanted to do was just "filter out the good any currency numerics
of form \d+.\d\d
10.95 but as mysql only supports regexp when matching, I couldn't think of a
way. I have the same
problem if I try to "Locate" I cant AFAIK say locate first digit.

Comments/Ideas?

Q2)
Can I match mucky non-alphanumerics ?
--
zzapper
vim -c ":%s%s*%Cyrnfr)fcbafbe[Oenz(Zbbyranne%|:%s)[[()])-)Ig|norm Vg?"