On Friday 13 May 2005 16:19, Eric Bergen typed:
> I agree. It sounds like you could use plain repeatable read isolation
> transactions.  If someone else is modifying those rows you get an older
> version from when your transaction was started. No need for skipping
> anything.

In the case of what I'm programming, I need to be able to skip records that
have been selected by another instance of the program (don't want to send the
same person 40 reports with the same content).  Hence why I use flags on the
table to say 'in progress, don't read me'.