From: "Mark Sargent" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 9:33 AM
Subject: Error Connecting To Server From Client Machine-Linux

Hi All,

can ping the server from the client. Am seeing the attempted phpmyadmin
connection from the client via the firewall alert. But, get an error
saying that the client is not allowed to connect to the mysql server.
I'm guessing it's a setting in conf.inc.php..?

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = '192.168.1.1';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '???????';
I know that the password is correct as connection from phpmyadmin on
localhost is fine on the server.
server(Fedora3)=192.168.1.1
client(Fedora3)=192.168.1.2
Something I've missed/not considered..? Is it mysql related..? Still a
newb, so I'm sure it's somethiing real easy. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected
the connection. You should check the host, username and password in
config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information
given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

*MySQL said: *Documentation
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Error-returns.html>

| #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'192.168.1.2' (using password:

YES)|

Hi All,

thanx guys. Checked out the url and all is well. Successfully accessed the db remotely. Learnt a lot in this little adventure. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.