What are the types of each column?
You need to quote parameter if it's a string type.

But anyway, you'd better use placeholder '?' and pass
parameters as argument to query method instead of embedding
into SQL statement using sprintf.

$updateSQL = sprintf("UPDATE JL_Resumes SET DateEdited=%s, Status=%s WHERE
ResumeID=%s", $dateEdited, $status, $resumeID);

mysql_query($updateSQL, $TBAJobLink) or die(mysql_error());
[snip] What's up? What's wrong with my code? The first line in the page is a link
to the connections file.

-- Taisuke Yamada <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2268 E9A2 D4F9 014E F11D 1DF7 DCA3 83BC 78E5 CD3A

Message to my public address may not be handled in a timely manner.
For a direct contact, please use my private address on my namecard.