Hello everyone.  I am new to this list and hope it's the right one for
my question.  This may be really obvious, but I can't seem to figure it
out...so here's the problem:

I have a table that stores network incident report information, IP
address, dates, type of incident, report name, etc.  I am trying to
query the table for a specific ip address that's in the "source_ip"
field.  I can see that the record is there when I query all of the
records, but when I query for one specific ip, I get the empty set
result! :(

Here is my query

select * from IDReport where source_ip="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx";

The field type is char(16).  Any ideas why mysql is not finding that
record??

I appreciate ANY help on this matter!!! :)
Thanks,
Erica

--
Erica B. Tanner
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division