Over the last week I added in lots of comments pasted in from various
places.  I'd appreciate those running with Opteron and MySQL to have a close
look at the WIKI and make any amendments/suggestions.

http://hashmysql.org/index.php?title=Opteron_HOWTO

My Opteron server will be here shortly and I'll do some performance testing
on RAID5 (8 disks) versus RAID 10 (8 disks, 2 channels).  I'll also do some
performance tests with 128MB cache and 512MB cache on the SCSI card to let
you know if that makes a difference.

Best regards,
Richard Dale.
Norgate Investor Services
- Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
  markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -
www.premiumdata.net