Dathan,
Thanks for the suggestion - I was under the impression that 4GB is the limit
for 32bit machines. The server is running Redhat Enterprise Linux 3.0 ES for
EM64T and MySQL has also been compiled for EM64T.
 I'd already tried running 'table opitmize' and that didn't seem to help,
table repair doesn't seem to help performance either. :(
 I should also mention that this is version 4.1.10
 Thanks,
Dan