Pete Harlan wrote:

In addition to failing the tests, I deployed the server on Machine 1
for a while and it failed quickly, with a simple insert hanging up and
"kill <threadID>" being unable to kill it.  (The thread's state was
"Killed", but it didn't go away and continued to block other threads
from accessing the (MyISAM) table.)

Any help would be appreciated, and please let me know if I can provide
further information.
See the Opteron HOWTO:

http://hashmysql.org/index.php?title=Opteron_HOWTO

Also.. are you running NPTL or Linux Threads? If you have the libc6-i686 package installed you have NPTL (not sure if the mysql binary needs support for this or not).

I'd also highly recommend installing a glibc > 2.3.2 which is what ships on debian. glibc-2.3.5 is in experimental and its what we're running.

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator)! - visit http://rojo.com. See irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.