Hello.

Usually the execution time is measured on the client side

(you may implement it in your application). I don't know

how to measure the number of I/O operations involved by a

single query. There is only a global statistics reported by

SHOW STATUS. There is a handy tool in MySQL - EXPLAIN statement.

See:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/show-status.html

        http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/explain.html

       <___/   www.mysql.com