> Hi,
> with a similar structure, you can have :
> mysql> select * from users where uid >=262140;
> +--------+----------+
> | uid    | nickname |
> +--------+----------+
> | 262140 | text     |
> | 262141 | text     |
> | 262142 | text     |
> | 262143 | text     |
> | 262144 | text     |
> +--------+----------+
> 5 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> it's surprising that you can insert NULL in a primary key auto_increment.
> second, with only 10000 values, if the auto_increment reached 2147483647 this
> means that you have an intensive delete, or the auto_increment had been
> altered.
>
> you can create table toto like users, and insert data again into toto. This
> will
> reincremente between 1 and 10xxx. Then rename toto to users.

Mathias,

Unfortunately, this didn't work out.
I created, by hand, a table with the exact same definition although
with a different name (newusers). Then, using a dump from the users
table, I restored the data into the new table.

Right after restoring the data, a "show table status like 'newusers'"
shows that the auto_increment value is 2147483647.
This could lead to three paths: the problem would be somewhere in the
data, in the restore procedure or in the mysql engine itself.

I've analyzed the data by hand (all the ~10900 lines), and I am sure
that there isn't a single uid above 10900.

Does this make any sense?

Thanks in advance for any leads,
Ricardo Oliveira