No, I didn't shut down mysqld or read lock. Would you please elaborate it a little more on why? Thanks a lot!

Qunfeng

At 01:05 PM 5/27/2005, Eric Bergen wrote:
Did you shut down mysqld or read lock before copying the table?

Qunfeng wrote:

Hi,

I am running MySQL 4.1.8-Max-log on two Linux machine (machine A and machine B). In the past, I do a simple scp to transfer all the database table file from one machine (A) to the other (B). After the transferring, the table on B works well.

However, I am encountering a problem with transferring a big table (with 11 million record). The table in A works but seems to be corrupted after transferrring to B. When querying on the table at B, I got "Got error 127 from storage engine".

I tried myisamchk -r tablename but I still got the same msg. Any idea? Thanks in advance!

Qunfeng