Hello.

Are you restoring the database on the running slave? What is the

sequence of steps which you're doing? Find the master.info file -

it is usually located in the data directory and check it's permissions.

See:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/slave-logs.html

Is it possible that your dump has CHANGE MASTER statement inside

(have been created with --master-data command line option)?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

       <___/   www.mysql.com