Ok, afraid I'm having to ask: how do access the mysql log file? Or, how to enable logging... I gather this will cause a verbose mode from the CLI?
Not sure what I should be doing here.

Thanks in advance.

As for the 3 elements listed below --wouldn't those be present in the mysql db already if I can get in through the CLI, which I can?