Hi Mark,

That is actually a very interesting question.

I found the "Certification study guide" from Paul DuBois an indispensible
guide.

Other then what you would expect from a "study guide" it does actually go
much further than just preparing you for an exam.

You will get a whole lot of new ideas how to use and administrate your db.

I am not sure, if the current version of the book still contains the 50$
discount exam voucher (which would basically oay for the book if you would
be going to take an exam ;-)

If you ned to spend the bugs of your company, why dont you opt for a
support contract directly from MySQL. That asures you that you have
support right when you need it.

The MySQL mailing list is a great way to ask questions and get them
answered generally in a matter of minutes, however the managers in your
company may feel better when they can get assigned their personal MySQL
staff.

I hope that this gives you an idea.

Best regards

Nils Valentin