>     I took a dump of (pretty chunk) database, the output is close to 45G.
> am trying to reload this dump file onto a development  server but it's
> taking looooong time to load the database. Is their a faster way to load
the
> data in? I am using plain and simple  mysql < dump.sql syntax on a Mysql
> 0.24 server.

Make sure you use the -e (extended insert) option on your mysqldump - this
speeds things up tremendously.  Also, make sure you use "-q" on your
mysqldump so it doesn't buffer the results in RAM during the dump.

I did a ~10GB dump and it took around 2 hours to load on an Opteron 250, 4GB
RAM, 8x15K RPM RAID 10 drive system.

Best regards,
Richard Dale.
Norgate Investor Services
- Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
  markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -
www.premiumdata.net