I am running mysql 4.0.18 on Windows 2003 server which also hosts my
apache tomcat server. My applet makes a connection to the mysql database
on the server as well as a socket connection to a service on the same
server. In the lab with only a hub between the client and server, the
application performs well and data is transferred quickly. In the
deployed environment with a pair of gateways in between, socket
performance is not affected much, but the application gui bogs down on
the database queries. Performance is so slow that some simple GUI
updates take up to 5-7 seconds with only a simple 1 table update
occurring.

Does anyone have experience with this and/or can provide some insight?

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note
that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Industries, Inc. The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.