Hi all,

I was recently attempting what I thought would be an easy search. I wanted
to return all records with a birthdate (a DATE column) 'within' 30 days of
the current date.

The birthdate is stored as a YYYY-MM-DD, I have been having lots of trouble
getting MySQL to return the correct records, my problems are..

1.I need to ignore the year value as all birthdates will be previous to the
current if the year is included.
2.I need to check if a birthdate is in the same month as the current month
and that its day is not less than the current day.
3.Then I need to check how many days there are left in the current month,
take it away from 30 and then check for birthdates in the following month
within that many days.

So much for being a simple problem!

Anyone have any experience of doing this..?

LINUX..MySQL 3.22.32 on apache

thanks a bunch for any info

Rolf

Computer games don't affect kids,
I mean if pac man affected us as kids,
we'd all run around in a darkened room
munching pills and listening to repetitive music