Hi,
you transaction is implicit, so there has been an autocommit.

Look at this example !

mysql> start transaction;
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mysql> load data infile 'd:\\ldfile.txt' into table ldfile;
Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Records: 3  Deleted: 0  Skipped: 0  Warnings: 0

mysql> select * from ldfile;
+------+
| i    |
+------+
|    1 |
|    2 |
|    3 |
+------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> rollback;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.03 sec)

mysql> select * from ldfile;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

This a not a good idea if the file is big. Ideally, truncate the table if there
has been a problem witha big file.

Mathias