On Monday 06 June 2005 10:58, Gleb Paharenko wrote:
> Does this weird behavior remain if you're connecting trough UNIX socket
> to local instance of MySQL?
it does.

At the moment, I try to approach the problem Carl proposed and starting from
scratch. It works fine - hence the problem is not mysql, but most probably
hidden somewhere in the source of the rest of the program I am improving. It
bothers me a bit that I didn't try this earlier, since probably it was the
wrong community I was posting to (nevertheless, the problem remains to locate
the exact position of the error...).

Thank you very much,
Ronny