From: Scott Purcell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:30 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: default current_timestamp problem

Hello,
I am trying to create simple reference table for some cookies I am creating.
I wanted to put in a current_timestamp each time I do an insert so I can
delete this data after 2 or 3 weeks.

Here is the insert statement:
CREATE TABLE COOKIE_REF (cookie_ref varchar(50), dat timestamp default
current_timestamp)

I am trying to insert the below statement, but it fails with a 1064 Error
Code : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'current_timestamp)' at line 1 (0 ms taken)

I am running version 4.0.15-max-debug on windows. and following this link
but It will not work. What can I be doing wrong?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/datetime.html

Thanks,
Scott