Hi All,

I had posted a query few days back that I couldn't connect to mysql database
from a network machine. So for that I added two entries in my firewall
exceptions.

I added the Port 3306 and mysqld, so firewall should allow any connection to
database from external computer. My problem was solved after adding those
entries. I was able to access DB server from other machines. But the problem
now is I can access the Db server from a network and not from the local
machine where it is installed.

Whenever I try to connect I get error number 2013. I tried to connect with
localhost and with IP too. I even removed the two entries from firewall
exception and it still didn't work.

I have installed Norton AntiVirus and Microsoft Spyware y'day. Does anyone
of these block access to Mysql.

I'll appreciate any help on this problem.

Thanks,

Reema Duggal Troiana
Senior Software Developer
BitArmor Systems, Inc.