AIX 4.3.3

        I have downloaded the mysql-3.23.37-ibm-aix4.3.3.0-rs6000.tar.gz binary,
        unpacked it with the following command

        % gzip -dc mysql-3.23.37-ibm-aix4.3.3.0-rs6000.tar.gz | tar -xvf -

        I skipped groupdadd and useradd because I am not a system administrator of my
machine.
        I created a link of mysql
        % ln -s mysql-3.23.37-ibm-aix4.3.3.0-rs6000 mysql
        Then run the following command

        % scripts/mysql_install_db

        *************************************Error
        exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./bin/my_print_defaults because of the
following errors:
                0509-150   Dependent module libz.a(shr.o) could not be loaded.
                0509-022 Cannot load module libz.a(shr.o).
                0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not
exist.
        WARNING: The host 'bdvdc14i' could not be looked up with resolveip.
        This probably means that your libc libraries are not 100 % compatible
        with this binary MySQL version. The MySQL deamon, mysqld, should work
        normally with the exception that host name resolving will not work.
        This means that you should use IP addresses instead of hostnames
        when specifying MySQL privileges !
        Preparing db table
        Preparing host table
        Preparing user table
        Preparing func table
        Preparing tables_priv table
        Preparing columns_priv table
        Installing all prepared tables
        exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./bin/mysqld because of the following
errors:
                0509-150   Dependent module libz.a(shr.o) could not be loaded.
                0509-022 Cannot load module libz.a(shr.o).
                0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not
exist.
        Installation of grant tables failed!

        Examine the logs in ./data for more information.
        You can also try to start the mysqld daemon with:
        ./bin/mysqld --skip-grant &
        You can use the command line tool
        ./bin/mysql to connect to the mysql
        database and look at the grant tables:

        shell> ./bin/mysql -u root mysql
        mysql> show tables

        Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths. Using --log
        gives you a log in ./data that may be helpful.

        The latest information about MySQL is available on the web at
        http://www.mysql.com
        Please consult the MySQL manual section: 'Problems running mysql_install_db',
        and the manual section that describes problems on your OS.
        Another information source is the MySQL email archive.
        Please check all of the above before mailing us!
        And if you do mail us, you MUST use the ./bin/mysqlbug script!