At 09:00 AM 6/10/2005, you wrote:
Hello everyone,
We're going to be using the "MERGE TABLE" option of Mysql when we build our Data Warehouse. Basically (for you Oracle folks), we're going to mimic PARTITIONS. My question is this: Other than dumping syntax through a utility and comparing text, is there any way I can read the structure directly through the *.FRM or *.MYD files to make certain that ALL tables match exactly so the MERGE will work?

Regards,
George

George,
        You could try things like:

show tables like "myMergeTable%"

to get a list of tables making up the merge. (Assuming the name of the merge tables all start with the similar name)

Then with the results of that query execute for each table name returned:

show columns from tablex

and

show index from tablex

You could then compare each tablex definition with each other, probably using a program or even SQL if that is the route you wanted to take.

Mike